Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday #4



I came across the following quote by C.S. Lewis. These are truths for which I am very grateful, and since C.S. Lewis put it into words so beautifully, I'll leave it as it is.

No amount of falls will really undo us if we keep on picking ourselves up each time. We shall of course be very muddy and tattered children by the time we reach home. But the bathrooms are all ready, the towels put out, and the clean clothes in the airing cupboard. The only fatal thing is to lose one's temper and give it up. It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us: it is the very sign of his presence.

Aren't you thankful for that presence? I sure am! I'm also thankful that, even as the very dirty child I am, that beautiful home is waiting for me.


14 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

I enjoyed that quote, and your thoughts on it. Which of his writings is that from?

Crystal said...

What a great quote...thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog
Blessings

Denise said...

Really enjoyed your post, bless you.

Sue Seibert said...

Well, C. S. Lewis is my favorite Christan apologist! I feel I must have read that before...from which book did it come?

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Ms. Kathleen said...

This is so beautiful and thank you for a humble reminder. God is so good!

Grandparents Corner said...

Thank you for sharing this. I love CS Lewis' writings.

Please stop by my Thankful Thursday post, and if you have time, read the post from the 27th regarding his heart problems.

Many blessings,
G-ma

By the grace of God ... said...

Beautiful quote ... very very thankful for His presence!!

Roo said...

wow
that quote really spoke to me. thank you for sharing it. shalom.

Unknown said...

Yep, enough said. Thanks so much for sharing and for visiting me today.

Blessings to you.

Julie Luse said...

wow! That was a great post. Thanks! I find that that the hard times ALWAYS lead me to Him, so bring on the hard times!
Julie :)

Anonymous said...

What a great quote! Have a great Thursday! Thanks for visiting my post as well!

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog
C.S. Lewis wonderful writer
God is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

That indeed is a beautiful quote--I have to remember that one. Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings to your and yours.

Tanya said...

That was a great post,and for being my fist post i am definatly getting blessed.tanya