Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday #3


He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He
increases power. Isaiah 40:29 (NASB)


It's been a rough week. First, there was school stuff--grades due, children antsy for spring break, and the start of the marathon that is the last few months of the school year. Then, it's been a week of wierd things, too. The skin around my right eye is red and swollen for some unknown reason. I drove to work this morning in a black-skied, strong-winded, angry thunderstorm (after fighting with my hair, of course.) The list could go on....

Then, just a few minutes ago, it hit me that today is Thankful Thursday. Today, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and start counting my blessings. So, here I go, in my attempt to adjust my attitude. I am thankful for.....

1. Makeup to cover up the horrid redness around me eye

2. Safety on the way to school

3. Being able to get my grades in on time

4. Lots of new and excited students for the beginning band (over half the class, actually)

5. A good response from the sixth grade students when the musical parts were announced

6. A pretty good start to my new business

7. Warmer weather

8. Spring break being only a little over a week away


11 comments:

Denise said...

Nice list, enjoyed it.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Great list. Aren't you glad we are reminded each week to count our blessings? Thanks for sharing. Hope things start to look up!

Deena Peterson said...

Isn't it great how this just changes your perspective? I look forward to each Thursday now, because I know I'm going to be lifted up so much by the thankfulness of my sisters in Christ, and I look forward to sharing mine with all of you.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love #1! I too am indeed thankful for makeup! And also the warmer weather! Thanks!

Sharon said...

I enjoyed your list! Thankful Thursday is great isn't it? Especially when the week doesn't seem to be going too good.

Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

Hi Marlise. I'm so thankful for Thursdays! You are exactly right! If things aren't going well, we have to start thinking about our blessings! Isn't God good!

Thanks for visiting me today.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I felt that way when I woke up today and my attitude changed when I remembered what I was thankful for!

Wonderful list!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog
Praise the Lord
it all happens at once doesnt it
praying for your eye
hope next week is a bit better and that u are able to find a little time for u

Kate said...

I hear ya, sister! Thankfulness so many times is a choice and DEF not dependant upon our feelings! Thanks for sharing today by faith...have a blessed weekend!

Unknown said...

That's cool that it changed your attitude.

Darlene Schacht said...

Your thankfulness is a ray of sunshine on your dark day today--at least for me. :)