Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A borrowed meme: What have you read?

I stole this meme from a friend's blog. OK, so now it's time to let the world know how much of a literary geek I am.

Instructions: Underline or put an asterisk next to all those books whose movies you have seen. Bold or highlight the ones you've read in a different color.

1. Heidi (Johanna Spyri)*(I've seen at least 3 different versions of this one)

2. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)*

3. To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)*

4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)*

5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)

6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)*

7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)*

8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)*(more accurately, I completely wore out
my VHS copy)

9. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)*

10. Anne of Avonlea (L.M. Montgomery)*(I've seen this almost as many times as Anne of Green Gables. I feel like I should also add that I read the whole series, but I was extremely disappointed with the third movie.)

11.The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)

12. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)*

13 Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)*

14. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis)*(and loved it, I might add)

15. Chariots of Fire (Clarence E. MacArtney)* (also, played the theme song in several orchestra and band concerts--starting to wonder why I never read the book)

16. 1984 (Orwell)

17. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)*

18. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)*

19. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)

20. War and Peace (Tolsoy)

21. Quo Vadis (Sienkiewicz)

22. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Victor Hugo)*

23. The Robe (Douglas)

24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)

25. The Story of A Soul (St. Therese)

Well, if nothing else, doing that did make me feel pretty well-read.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

WOW!! Ok, you have definitely read a lot of books! I, too, have seen Anne of Green Gables more times than I can possibly count. I love it!