Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday


A few things I'm thankful for...

*A loving Father in heaven who sent His Son to take the death penalty for my sins

*A loving mother and father on earth who set a wonderful example of following God and loving each other and who pray for me all the time

*Great siblings and their spouses--A group of people that manages to see past my worst flaws and love me anyway. Sure, they have to because I'm family, but they don't try to deny that.

*My adorable nieces and nephews (all 8 of them, and the one on the way)

*An awesome church home--my second family

*(At the risk of sounding really cheesy) Friends-- I have lived in several places in my life. In each place, I formed new and wonderful friendships that have lasted. Those people care for me, pray for me, encourage and let me be as crazy and random as I want.

*A job I love where I get to sing and dance for most of the day

*A wonderful house for which I can share rent with a good (and easy-to-get-along-with) housemate for a very good price

*A car that runs well

* The fog day (see below) that cancelled school yesterday and allowed me to get all my laundry done

**Finally, I'm thankful that I did this today. I stumbled onto this meme on a day when I needed a tangible reminder of how much God has given me to give me my much-needed attitude adjustment.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed your list, sweet blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes - family that loves you despite your flaws. I am glad that mine does too, especially my husband.

You can dance and sing all day? How awesome is that...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful list with us this week.

Blessings on your evening and always.

Rachel said...

That's awesome that you're doing Thankful Thursday, too! I first started doing that a few months ago, and I'm so surprised how quickly this "virus" has spread across blog-land! Imagine my surprise when I found it on your blog - I've never even seen your blog before! Thanks for "stealing" my idea! Spread the thankfulness to others!

Melissa said...

A very nice list! now that Thursday Thirteen is over, I'm going to have to find another meme to join in on. This looks like a good one!

Anonymous said...

My son's girlfriend is choral director for one of our city's high school, so I know how much you must love singing and dancing all day because she does! Thank you for sharing your list! I'm relatively new to Thankful Thursday (second week), and slowly getting around to the blogs of others who are doing this. There are so many wonderful, inpsiring women out there!