Tuesday, February 12, 2008

School cancellations, wierd weather, and other random drama

A friend just sent me an email asking me to update my blog, because apparently she's been checking regularly while I haven't been posting at all. My first thought was, "Oh good, someone actually reads my blog." The follow-up thought that came a few seconds later was, "Hmm, it's been about six weeks since I posted anything. My friend must be the only person who reads my blog." Kinda depressing, but I can't complain too much because I have admittedly put very little effort into writing anything interesting for a while now.

Anyway, there are some explanations for my lack of bloggage:


1. There are only so many times that I can tell you about how the weather has been too cold, wet, foggy, icy, or snowy for school. Normally, I'm a huge fan of a weather cancellation, but we haven't had a full uninterrupted week of school since November. Now that it's extending the school year, and the students schedules are all out of sorts, I'm not such a huge fan.

2. Sickness, like weather, makes for very dull blog fodder. The rounds of sickness have been fierce this year, but I feel that I am far too young to focus my conversations on health and weather.

3. Sadly, once I've passed up health and weather, my life is just not that exciting.
I feel it best for me to not go into detail on why I am saying this next thing. Still, I feel I must say it. I feel very strongly that people should say what they mean and mean what they say. I also have a great distaste for patronizing speech and behavior. I could rant about that for a while longer, but it would not be beneficial for anyone involved.

My sister is in the area for a little while along with her husband and daughter. It has been fun to see them. My niece turned 7 months old on Sunday. And, while I know I must be a little biased, I really do believe that she may be the most intelligent 7-month-old I have ever met. She's also amazingly laid-back. All babies are adorable, and I love them, but I don't usually find them fun until they are about 9-10 months old. This one, though, is fun, and she loves me. The loving me part would be a little more special if she didn't love EVERYONE, but I'll take it, anyway.

No comments: