Saturday, September 08, 2007

Good news!

I have gotten several pieces of good news this week. Really it's been a pretty good week. So, I thought, why not share it with my blogging buddies. If you aren't as excited about this news as I am, I promise I'll understand, but I just have to share it.

First, I was very glad to find out about an upcoming meeting. I am not normally a fan of meetings, and I can't go into all the details of what this meeting will be about. I'll simply say that this meeting will involve a group of people who have been doing some serious self-evaluation. In that self-evaluation, there has been lots of disagreement and tension. Now, in a way that I can only call a huge answer to prayer, we seem to be coming to some agreement. This meeting should be a time for us to come together and begin to move forward. I'm very encouraged by that.

My second bit of good news involves my father's new job. He had been teaching at a local Christian school for the past ten years, but due to low enrollment this year, he was not offered a contract. He and my mom worked together and both taught math. Since the school didn't see the need to keep two math teachers, they let my dad go. The job search has been very frustrating for him. He found several openings for second shift jobs which meant he would hardly ever see my mom. After 36 years of marriage, the last ten of which have been spent working together, that didn't look very good to him. Other places where he applied weren't interested in hiring someone who they assumed would want to retire in just a few years. (He's 59 now.) When I talked to him earlier this week, he told me about the newest job possibility. This was the first possibility he seemed excited about. He will be working from home as an independent contractor for a local instrument maker making keys for beginners' bassoons. It actually sounds really cool to me, too.

Then, my newest bit of good news is purely selfish. I found out yet another reason to love my Honda Civic. It's one of Consumer Reports' top picks for surviving to high mileage, and according to this article, that's a very good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for good news! Praise the Lord. :)
Thanks for the call the other day... sorry I haven't called back yet, probably will be Tuesday night...