Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Long time, no post

Life continues to speed ahead here. Last week's spring break went way too fast. I ended up going to the only doctor in town who didn't take a vacation last week--MedStat. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection. So, that slowed down some of the productivity of my week off. I'm not sure I really would have been all that productive, but I'm blaming the fever and the antibiotics, anyway. I did, however, finally make some progress on that basement room that has housed many boxes since I moved into the house last November. With just a little more work, it will be ready to serve as a guest room. (That was the original intent, and, yes, that is a hint for any of you who might consider visiting.)

The next few weeks are packed full of activity. Next Friday is the school's spring concert. Then, two weeks after that is the sixth grade musical. Both activities will keep me hopping for the next month or so. Also, beginning band students just started learning their first songs. Thankfully, they won't be performing in the spring concert. However, my note to myself for next year has me starting those instruments much earlier in the year. The squeaks, squawks, and headaches of those beginning stages of the instrumental music are especially painful when the stress levels are already creeping higher. For now, I'm pressing on and looking forward to being finished with all of the those large projects.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

glad to read that you survived your illness and you're back at it full force. I hope this week and the coming weeks go well for you. Summer is right around the corner!

Grandparents Corner said...

Wow, you are very busy. I hope you will have some time this summer, as I know not all teachers take summers off. Hopefully you do. Pray you are feeling better.